Monday, September 5, 2011

#21 Go hiking in Virginia

To celebrate the long weekend, my friend Sarah and I hiked Great Falls Park in Virginia. My camera is still broken (womp womp), so I took a few short clips on the iPod and smushed them together here:

Great Falls Hike from Mary Kate on Vimeo.

Song: "The River" by Virginia Coalition (my favorite local band!)

Isn't Great Falls beautiful? A little piece of me pretended I was John Smith discovering the Potomac River. (There might have been some "Just Around the Riverbend" going down).

Not pictured:
-Stone skipping
-Wading in the river and letting the fish tickle my feet
-Very quickly getting out of the river after seeing a snake...
-Enjoying an apple at the tip top of a cliff
-Discovering a local bluegrass radio station (!!) during the car trip. It is... my new obsession.

No comments:

Post a Comment