Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Best Place to Write


It is no secret that the best place to write, in my opinion, is a café; you don’t have to make your own coffee, you don’t feel that you are in solitary confinement while you work and when inspiration fails, you can take a walk to the next café while your batteries re-charge. In my opinion, the best writing café is just crowded enough so that you blend in, but not so crowded that you end up sharing a table with somebody who tries to read chapter twenty upside down, has staff who don’t glower at you if you sit there too long (though these days I can afford to keep ordering coffees even if I don’t drink them, so that’s less of a problem) and doesn’t play very loud music, which is the only noise that disturbs me when I’m writing.— J.K. Rowling

Oh, I so agree! I'm always working on a dozen projects and appear to be developing a chai addiction from all the time spent in my closest coffee shop. Worth it for the ten-fold productivity increase.

1 comment:

  1. YES!

    The only downside to this is the fact that most coffee shops in my city have free wi-fi... which seems awesome except that dicking around on the internet = huge productivity-buster and self-control = a thing I have not heard of.

    But YES.

    ReplyDelete