Tuesday, July 19, 2011

#2 Get hired for a full-time job!

Check! Offer came in this afternoon! Woop!

Well, it's a full-time paid internship for six months, and I'll still be sending out applications and hustling on the job hunt while there. So, pseudo-check?  But forty hours will be spent per week in an office and there will be a paycheck.  I'm going go ahead and cross off number two (and maybe come back for a double cross-off with an official job-job rather than internship down the line). 

Now, what really matters here is that I have to start on Monday.  Aka three weekdays and one weekend left of sans-office living (for the time-being at least!).  I hereby declare a moratorium on all things resume/cover letter/interview related and all attempts to diguise myself as an adult.  Time to savor five days of kid-style summer. 
  
By Thurston Hopkins (I love this shot. So much mischief.)

Yippee!

Setting sail for five days of:

sleeping in

lazing by the pool all afternoon with popsicles in hand (possibly from the ice cream truck?  The one in my neighborhood played Swan Lake last week! swanky.)

(from last summer!)
kayaking on the river, a la summer camp


(from The Princess and the Frog)
catching fireflies

spending a day at the amusement park riding all the rollercoasters. twice!

climbing trees!

sleeping outside

eating lots of watermelon


re-reading Ella Enchanted and A Room with a View (it's tradition! since third and eighth grade, respectively)

Of course, I can still do most of these things the rest of the summer too.  But I like the idea of bundling them up for some last minute nostalgia and magic. Tally ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment