Saturday, July 16, 2011

#17 See the midnight showing of a movie on opening night

So how obvious was it that I intended #17 for the second installment of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows?


Very? Okay, cool.

One of my friends from high school hosted a "pre-game" at her Potter-poster bedecked house.  We watched the first part of Deathly Hallows and munched on chocolate frogs, cauldron cakes, pumpkin pasties and Mrs. Weasley's onion soup.  Then my little sister and I donned our homemade t-shirts and met some neighborhood buds at the theater.

"Make Love Not Horcruxes" and "Dumbledore's Army"

We nibbled on leftover Olivander wands (chocolate-covered pretzel sticks) and treacle tarts in the theater and alternately laughed, cried, and applauded for our old friends at Hogwarts.  The munchkin and I both agreed that it was our favorite of the films for sure. Sibling bonding + some wholesome muggle fun = great success for a Thursday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment