Saturday, April 9, 2011

Sorry for the neglect as of late... thesis crunch time and all that.  Unfortuately there's still quite a bit to accomplish, but some (non-schoolwork) things that have had me thinking lately:

Many people need desperately to receive this message: 'I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.
- Kurt Vonnegut


there is a loneliness in this world so great
that you can see it in the slow movement of
the hands of a clock.

people so tired
mutilated
either by love or no love.


people just are not good to each other
one on one.


the rich are not good to the rich
the poor are not good to the poor.


we are afraid.

our educational system tells us
that we can all be
big-ass winners.


it hasn't told us
about the gutters
or the suicides.


or the terror of one person
aching in one place
alone


untouched
unspoken to


watering a plant.

- Charles Bukowski

Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.
-Neil Gaiman

These all feel so true (the second one, painfully so), but they overlap and bump into each other in kind of dissonant ways, huh?  I'm still working on sorting it all out (maybe a little silly to say, as it certainly seems a lifetime's work.  Best to start now I suppose!), along with the 42 other things on my mind.  Give me a little time and I'll try to collect some of my own thoughts here.

No comments:

Post a Comment