Friday, February 11, 2011

Plan for the weekend:

1) Think, think, thinking. 

 I've had 10,000 things vying for my attention this week and it has been exceptionally exhausting.  I need some time for my journal,
(I have this one exactly and I love it. But it has been shamefully neglected!)

a warm drink,


(out of one of these delightful teapots, please?)

and some nice, long walks.  I'll have to brave the cold-- it will be worth it for the peace of mind!


“Walking uplifts the spirit. Breathe out the poisons of tension, stress, and worry; breathe in the power of God. Send forth little silent prayers of goodwill toward those you meet. Walk with a sense of being a part of a vast universe. Consider the thousands of miles of earth beneath your feet; think of the limitless expanse of space above your head. Walk in awe, wonder, and humility. Walk at all times of day. In the early morning when the world is just waking up. Late at night under the stars. Along a busy city street at noontime.”

Wilfred A. Peterson

2) Planning for the for the future is in order! Job applications lay waiting...

I've been thinking about this passage incessantly of late. Hmm, what are my figs and which will I chose?

3) Much thesis writing!  I'm embarrassingly behind.





And of course, some lovely dinners and coffee dates with friends are on the schedule.  Other than that, I think this weekend will prove an exercise in discipline.  Time to hunker down and get comfy!  See you when I crawl out from under all these ancient sweatshirts and wool socks!

1 comment: